Wednesday 9 April 2014

Day 9 of 30 After All These Years.

I make no apologies for the sloppiness of this poem. When my wife and I go out to eat in a pub, we sometimes see other couples who sit in silence apart from talking about the drinks they want to order. It may be of course that this is their "comfortable silence" and they are perfectly content but to independent observers it looks like they have run out of things to say. I am grateful we still have things in our heart to say to each other.

I hope you like the poem

Mark x
 

After All These Years
 
We still slow dance in the kitchen
When a smoochy tune comes on
We still dissolve in giggles
If we do something wrong
 
We still go on adventures
Not just on holiday
Each other is our waking thought
If ever we’re away

She tells me she still loves me
And wouldn’t want to change
After all it’s taken twenty-eight years
To get me properly trained.
 
Our company is still enough
If we dine alone
We surreptitiously kiss in lifts
When left on our own
 
We still hold hands in the High Street
A practice I won’t be stopping
That last decision is economical
If I let so, she goes shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment